Please follow the steps below if some/all of the LED's on your Gamer's screen have gone to sleep. Note: if you're making the Unsoldered version of the Gamer, please see this guide instead.
Ok ready. Let's troubleshoot!
1. Double check that the IC Chips are facing the right way
- the MIC on the left
- the TLC on the right
- and the curved edges of both are facing upwards
- and they’re fitting in snuggly to the sockets with no wonky/broken legs on the chips.
- if there are some broken legs, please get in touch here.
Looks a little off? Remove the chip(s) and adjust. Please be super-duper careful as the legs can be quite fragile. All looking good? Continue!
2. Remove the LED Matrix (your 8x8 screen) and try, very gently and ever so slightly bending the legs of each side inwards slightly -- this can allow for a better connection. It's best to do this against a flat surface such as a desk or worktop. Reinsert your LED Matrix to test your Gamer!
No luck? Let’s keep going.
3. If you haven't already, please download and install the correct Arduino software for you operating system here
4. Pop the code attached below onto your kit
- Open the attached file Gamer_LED_Matrix_test.ino file
- Upload this to your Gamer
- Do all the pixels light up, if yes - YAY!
- If not - try giving the LED matrix a gentle move about while attached
Still no joy? Please follow the steps here for getting in touch about your Gamer.