Sometimes things go wrong. Worry not! Here's a handy guide to get you up and running.
1. Check the wiring
Compare your Thirsty Plant kit with that on Club Make -- make sure they're matching. Check each component is connected correctly and as securely as possible. Here are a few things to look out for:
- LED polarity - it's important which way around you place the LED. Make sure the + and - legs are connected correctly
- Ensure the metal side is pointing up on Mosfet
2. Test your kit
Sometimes the LED can be a little dim if there's not a strong light source to power it. To be on the safe side, let's use the torch on your phone for testing.
- Ensure the 2 wires are not touching one another
- Shine the torch directly onto the solar panel from a few inches away
- Does the LED light. If so, YAY! You will just need to ensure you have your kit sitting on a window ledge close to the light ☀️
- If not, please follow the steps here for getting in touch with us. Let's sort it out together.
- You can now attach the wires to the sensor. Your LED may stop blinking now if your plaster sensor is damp. That shows that it's working!